Established in 1958, the Home Builders Association of Southwest Louisiana represents and serves builders in Southwest Louisiana involved in residential construction, residential remodeling, commercial construction, and land development activities; and associated member businesses and professionals engaged in activities related to the building industry.
The HBA is a not-for-profit trade association of building professionals, governed by a locally elected Board of Directors. The HBA of SW Louisiana is a chartered member of the Louisiana Home Builders Association and the National Association of Home Builders.
The HBA has over 300 members. There are approximately 5000 member firms in the Louisiana HBA and nearly 200,000 in the National HBA. As a member, the HBA works for you on the local, state, and national levels to protect our interest and industry. There is strength found in numbers, which one cannot achieve as an individual.
The Home Builders Association of Southwest Louisiana is a professional organization that strives to unite and represent the building and remodeling industry to promote quality housing, and protect the "American Dream" of home ownership.
The Home Builders Association of Southwest Louisiana seeks to achieve the following goals:
- To be the positive voice of the building industry in the community.
- To be the authority of the home building industry by being a proactive source of industry information and education for the members, the community, and government officials.
- To be an advocate for responsible development and growth in the community.
- To promote a healthy business environment by being a major contributor to the economy.
- To enhance the public image of the Association's members as quality, professional business persons by encouraging members to provide quality products and services, and by promoting ethical practices and professional standards of its members.
- To provide continual education to its members and the general public.
- To provide services to members which foster their success and stability and to convey the value of these services to members and non-members.
- To foster better relations and communications within all segments of the building industry.